2020 has been very different so far. Pandemic got over everything and ruined the world system. People got mentally sick, anxieties and depression nested on everyone’s head. But it doesn’t end the world.
There is hope! Which keeps us living and struggling for what we want, what we want to achieve and fight for. As L.B. Johnson says:
“There’s something special for everyone to do. Remember, no experience is a bad experience unless you gain nothing from it.” ~ Lyndon B. Johnson
We surely got more than enough from 2020. And Now more than ever, it is the perfect time to pause, reflect, and create a vision for ourselves of where we want to go and who we want to be.
I should have posted this at the end of December but 2020 has already given me plenty of opportunities to think.
Here are some questions to help you think about takeaways, learnings, challenges and highlights and your intentions for the future.
Don’t forget to share your answers about any of them in comments. I would love to know your answers.
- What is the most important lesson you learned this year?
- What is the best thing that happened?
- What challenges did you overcome?
- What new skills did you learn?
- What did you do for your career growth?
- What did you enjoy the most?
- What was your favourite moment?
- How did you have fun?
- What new habits did you start?
- What are you the most proud of this year?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- How did you live by your core values?
- How did your relationships (family, friends, work) evolve?
- What was the best decision you took?
- How did you fail?
- What got in the way of your success?
- What would you do differently if you could?
- How are you different than a year ago?
- What did you do for your physical and mental health?
- Who or what had the biggest impact on your life this year?
- What did you let go of?
- What were the most useful resources you had?
- What are you thankful for this year?
- What did you leave unfinished?
- What was the best compliment you received?
- If you were to talk about this year like a story, how would you write it?
- How do you describe this year in 3 to 5 keywords?
- What energised you? what drained you?
- How kind were you to yourself?
- What advice would you give your last-year self?
- What is your intention for next year?
- What are you going to continue doing?
- What do you want to change completely?
- How do you intend to be different at the end of next year?
- What will you do to step out of your comfort zone?
- How will you learn from your future mistakes?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What will be your purpose next year?
- Which existing relationships do you want to focus on?
- What career opportunities do you want to create for yourself?
- How will make next year matter?
- How will you help others?
- What personal qualities do you want to strengthen?
- What skills do you want to learn?
- How will you take care of yourself?
- What places do you want to visit?
- What will you say “no” to?
- How will you improve your environment?
- Who will you ask help and support from?
- Who do you want to become next year?